Monday, November 15, 2010

Just the way they planned it

A few days after Cyrus was born I had a very strong feeling that there was another baby waiting to be born, I forgot about that feeling until 8 months later when I found out I was pregnant again. We had tried for 12 months to have Cy, so to get pregnant without even trying and only on my first cycle after Cys birth was like a miracle to us !

When I was pregnant with Owen I told people that this spirit has rushed at us because he needed to be born NOW that he had such a passion and zest for life, he didn't want to miss a moment, I really felt this with every fibre of my being.

Owen also managed to make an early entrance into the world, when my waters broke 6 weeks early (he was 6 pound 10) rushing to be with us. (the doctors later told me that because my uterus was damaged by Cy's C-section it would have ruptured at around 38 weeks both of us could have died).

The extra chromosome had saved our lives. (the 47th chromosome makes the placenta age faster (mine had started to calcify) it hits its used by date earlier and signals to the baby its time to be born, this is not for every DS pregnancy but for many).

Now when I look at these two boys together, Cy and Owen, I see that they are meant to do this journey together. Its sounds crazy but I think this is the way they planned it to be all along, even before they were born and I get to live with extreme cuteness everyday - gotta love that.



2 comments:

  1. Loved this post!! I did not know that about the placenta, I always wondered why it was the most Ds babies are born a few weeks early.

    ReplyDelete