Wednesday, November 10, 2010

the good and the bad

Took Owey for his first hearing assessment after ear tubes last week.

He did so well and it was obvious to me immediately that he could hear better.

But then the audiologist looked in his ears and couldn't find the ear tube in the right ear all he could see was tiny, hairy ear canals. Then the left ear - fluid - blocking the ear tube. I felt paniced and devestated.

I got outside to Col and lost it, swore and cursed and just fell apart, and Col said lets go see the ENT........ right now ,

We drove up to the ENT's office and gratefully he saw us inbetween patients - He sucked the fluid out of Owen's left ear its greenish eeeuuuuukkkkk. And he took a very gentle look in his right ear and could see the ear tube and its working perfectly, no infection ! YIPEEE

So the plan is - antibiotic drops for a week and then another check up, please pray that the drops work!

and Col I LOVE you

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you write all this stuff, it gives me a good look into everything about ear tubes. I feel like I will know so much more if Russell does end up needing them :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete