Saturday, May 28, 2011

Stereo- type

Lets face it sometimes the Down Syndrome Stereotype fits and you just gotta wear it.When O was born many well meaning people said "oh They are such loving children" nope Owen is not, he is your typical 2 year old he will give it when he wants but is far too busy most of the time to bother and we also heard "oh They just love music" and this is the stereotype that fits Owen like a glove!

This kid LOVES music, he asks me to sing to him all day long and if I am not singing then there is a childrens music CD on. I can think of aleast 5 musical toys that he has worn out the batteries in, my other 2 have ever done this to even one of their musical toys. The latest victim is Wags the Dog who gets played incessently if the said Childrens music CD or I am not performing .
Owens idea of heaven is book/music CD set. Currently The Golden Kangaroo is the soundtrack to our lives (and if you don't know it, think yourself lucky) its on in the house and in the car, he asks for it to be played over and over. I dream about it, I wake up signing it, I try to ignore his "Kangaroo" noise but he just goes on and on about it and ends up lying beneath the stereo whinging and signing turn it on, turn it on, until I relent. Any suggestions for favourite childrens music CD's prefferably ones that don't drive a parent crazy with it on a loop gratefully accepted.

3 comments:

  1. Maddie is a music lover to...she dances to anything...I know I should do more kids music...but it is to much...she LOVES Katy Perry, Pink, Adele, you name it...she will dance! but for kids music I like Shake, Rattle, and Roll...it has songs like sticky glue...fun music and catchy...but watch out you will be singing it all day! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...Now you got me wanting to hear what this Kangaroo song sounds like!! Haha...Russell loves music too, he dances and bobs his head, its so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucas fits that stereotype too. Loves music, loves to dance. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete