Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ginkgo biloba

Owen has been on Ginkgo Biloba for a couple of months now, Ginkgo is used to support cognitive function and motor planning, I follow the Changing Minds Protocol - he weighs 12kgs so he has 60mg per day. Ginkgo tastes NASTY. Just try it yourself and you will see why it is necessary to hide it in a strongly flavoured food or drink, I hide it in his favourite Blueberry Soy Yogurt.

So have I noticed any differences ? So hard to tell at this young age I can put most of it down to natural development but he does seem more motivated in a general sense - he now crawls laps of the house (using 4 point crawl), getting into cupboards, seeking and playing with toys on his own (he used to do this of course but he has taken it to a whole new level). He had had no interest in spoon feeding himself until about a month ago when he took the spoon from me loaded it up and fed himself the last half of his meal - with "I can do it myself" attitude, high fives all round. I continue to share feeding him his meals each day.

Recently Owen missed a week of Ginkgo when he was sick with a tummy bug. He has been back on it for 2 weeks now and I have noticed the last 3 days he is really motivated again, it makes me think - this is more than just a coincidence or natural development, I think Ginkgo is making some difference for him but obviously not in the Bed Head/Hair department, its still as crazy as ever.....

2 comments:

  1. That is very interesting about the Ginkgo. I will have to look into that! And, THANK YOU so much for your comment and suggestions! I will look for those books because I really appreciate books that have worked for others!

    Thank you, again, for your kindness! And, Owen is just the cutest thing EVER!!!! He is so precious!!!!! :) I want to kiss those chubby cheeks!!

    xoxo, Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds interesting, I might look into that also...I mean it couldnt hurt right?!

    ReplyDelete