Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 6

Day 6 and things are getting worse on the nursing strike -now he is refusing the early morning feed - between 3-5am. This is bad because he hasn't worked out how to get himself back to sleep, so we have been awake today since 3am. Col, Owen and I have all had naps I am so thankful its the weekend. This morning I got up and got Owen at 3am and took him back to our bed and on other mornings he has taken a feed at this time. But this morning he just refused to latch on and he grizzled on and off from 3 till 5 when Col couldn't stand it anymore and got up with him.

I have started expressing to maintain some supply though it is looking pretty grim for him starting nursing again. :( I wonder if this is an example of the DS stubborness people refer to?

During the day Owen is being grizzly and demanding too, he is tired and emotionally overwrought (?spelling) and of course teething. It is so hard to listen to him grizzle when I know a feed would solve alot of the problem, it is so hard to lay there awake in the wee hours knowing a feed would quietly settle back to sweet slumber. With my other two boys I have weaned slowly and gently and there hasn't been this emotional turmoil associated with it, but there really is nothing I can do but cuddle him and be patient and hope that whatever happens, whether he completely weans himself or comes back to nursing, it happens quickly.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Viv! I have no more advice to give except to just keep trying to keep your milk supply up. I thought I had lost mine when Luc was in the hospital but I was still able to nurse after 4 days of no nursing. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I feel for you and Owen both :( Wish I had some advice, sorry.

    ReplyDelete