Monday, January 21, 2013

Stay or go?

Meant to meet with a new friend at the playground in an hour or so. Cy is good buddies with her little boy. I know Owen, I *know I will be chasing him all over the place, he loves to RUN away at this playground and he is fast!

I hate that I feel like quitting, throwing in the towel because chasing Owen around seems too flipping hard today. I hate that I will be running after my child instead of enjoying a conversation and getting to know this new friend. Owey is going to be 4 in March but when i am chasing Owen all over the place I feel like i am still parenting an 18 month old........I'm tired....

I am going to go to the park, Cy needs to play with his friend and my needs for connection and conversation are just going to take a back seat...again...and I have to give Owen a chance, the chance to make a mistake and learn from it, (and then repeat it again and again) hoping that maybe one day it will click,- Go to the playground and play THERE.

Okay so will post later how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Ah...I feel this way often Viv. There are times where I get sad thinking of where we should be at when it comes to Russell's development and the reality of where we are. Lot's of chasing around, lot's or redirecting. It's exhausting. I hear ya! Hope today went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so get this! I hesitate to go to park play dates because I will just chase my boys all around without actually talking to the other mom at all. It is just hard in general to take all three to the park or anywhere, I actually dread it. I am looking forward to the day when the boys are more independent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you! I am all about playdates...the easy ones where I sit drink coffee and chat...I like to go to the little parks inside with Maddie so I do not have to chase...we were at the park this weekend...n I got a work out! She just got faster and still dangerous..I hope today goes ok...smiles

    ReplyDelete