Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Park visit

Well the park visit went as expected...

A glimpse of conversation.
Run off to round-up Owen.
Bring Owen back to the playground.
Resume conversation for a minute,
and repeat Owen round-up.
I wish this town had a fenced playground!

But it actually wasn't as bad as it sounds.

Sure I was knackered after running all over the place for Owen but there were also moments when he stayed and played, or had a drink or something to eat, so I did get little bits of conversation and Cy had a really great time with his friend.

So on the whole, it wasn't easy but it was worth it.

I also worked out that the kids are much faster at running down and rounding-up Owen than I am! (mental note: invite more kid helpers next time).







2 comments:

  1. LOL...My older kids come in very handy for that exact reason...They're just faster on their feet than I am and they get a hold of Russell a hell of a lot quicker than I do!
    Glad it went ok, for the most part. I know times like that it is really exhausting. Those are the times I almost feel a little bitter and I get that "this wasn't suppose to be like this" feeling. I know how you feel Viv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it went well! I bet they both took a great nap! Glad you got have some adult conversation! Always nice..smiles

    ReplyDelete