Thursday, June 17, 2010

Crawling Track Ideas


Owen has been sitting for 6 months now but has not made any big move toward creeping or crawling.

Now none of my kids have been especially motor motivated, they are more the "observant, nerdy, book reading" types. But Owen is bored of sitting and once he has thrown everything out of his reach he whinges and grizzles until someone gets him something else to play with !

I first read about a crawling track on Unforseen gifts http://unforeseengifts.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-we-built-our-crawling-track.html

and took a leap and made one.

Now at first Owen could only push himself down backwards, after a week or so he got the creeping forward motion going (with his favourite toy at the bottom for motivation) things were going well for a few weeks but then he would just roll onto his back and refuse come down the track.
Anyhow today I went to http://trisacharm.blogspot.com/2008/11/patience.html and in it I saw Joaquin looking up at his wall as he was coming down the track so I had this idea to put the track next to the fridge so Owen could see and play with he second favourite toy as he was coming down the track and had his fav. toy at the bottom. SUCCESS he is staying on his tummy right to the bottom.
see why I love the DS blogging community so much !

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I am so glad that someone else tried this. I wish I had started Lucas earlier. From start to finish it took Lucas 3 1/2 months to start crawling after we started the track. He'll be crawling in no time!

    ReplyDelete