Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The boys loo and tears

Another hellish morning for Cy. Poor thing so anxious about preschool that he wouldn't come out is bedroom when he woke up this morning. He started crying before we left home and was a mess as we walked into preschool. Oh my Lordy SO stressful. Thankfully I got a call to say he had settled about 30 minutes after I left but they didn't ring me until he had been there 2.5 hours and I had been crying all that time!

Little Owey is finally better after suffering a fever over 39 for 4 days, he hardly ate or drank during this time and kept grabbing his mouth so I think it was a sore throat. He is back to his old self now and we are all catching up on lost sleep. He has been toilet training the past few days, I have to take him every 2 hours but occasionally he will tell me he has to go or that he has gone already - in his pants!

Anyway I think it is going ok, the only thing is he likes to watch his pee, so he leans right back on the seat so it goes right up in the air and lands not in the bowl but on the floor in front of the toilet, blahh. With all this peeing on the floor our bathroom smelt like the boys school toilets I was scrubbing and washing with our regular bathroom cleaner and couldn't shift THAT smell (which apparently none of the males in the house can smell) but now I found a great natural product that eats proteins it's actually designed for boys loos ! Now the bathroom smells flowery and sweet!
Still i am not sure How to discourage him from peeing on the floor in the first place ? Maybe I will just have to wait until later when we teach him to go standing up. BOYS!



1 comment:

  1. Cy seriously reminds me so much of Jordy...I remember dropping her off at preschool when I had to work and she would grab my legs and hang on and scream and cry "No Mommy, no" ugggg....Then I would cry ALL the way to work :(...It just takes some kids a little longer to adjust to the whole school environment. Hang in there, it will get easier.

    And my poor little Owey has been sick? So glad he is feeling better, that is a long time to have a fever!

    And I despise potty training! I am not looking forward to going through it with Russell...You know, there was a time where I told my self by the time I was 30 I would be DONE with diapers...And here I am at 34 and still changing bums!!! Boo!

    ReplyDelete