Saturday, January 14, 2012

Our new therapist!

Last week I had a friend from down the road come over, she has three girls and the 2 youngest came over with her, they are 12 and 7.

So while we mums were talking the 12year old -Bonnie played with Owen and Alison the 7 year old played with Cy.

Cy and Alison had a blast they played rocketships in the backyard, they played doctors, they had train races and climbed our apricot tree to eat loads of ripe and unripe apricots. Suddenly I felt like maybe Cy might be okay at preschool this year, just a flicker of hope there.

And Bonnie wow where do I begin, she was amazing with Owen playing with him for 2 hours, she is so intuitive, she follows his lead when playing and keeps things interesting, she had so many turn taking "conversations" with Owen I am sure his jaw was aching afterwards, actually he was so tired that he fell asleep when Bonnie was reading to him so she put him to bed and tucked him in! Bonnie was better than any therapist! So what did I do, I hired her on the spot.

She is going to come over once a week to play and talk with Owen and i have also asked her to do the Nuffield cards with hiim and all for the princely sum of $6.50 per visit. She has been over already this week and Owen taught her a bunch of signs which she loved learning. I asked her to come for an hour but she spent probably 2 hours here and Alison, her sister came to, to play with Cy apparently she was busting to come and play again because they had, had such a good time the prevoius week.

I feel like I have hit the jackpot !

3 comments:

  1. Lucky!!! That's awesome though I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Viv!! Bonnie sounds perfect for Owen! I notice Russell responds more with certain things when it is other people doing it with him...And they do NOT have to be "professionals"!!

    And I bet my life Cy will be more than ready for preschool when the time comes. Children can mature so much in just a matter of a couple of months.

    Such a great post to read. I am happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO!!! YOU ROCK!!! what a great idea! this will totally be awesome for Owen, you and Bonnie! we all learn from play and peers...it will be such a natural learning environment...I cannot think of anything better! and so much less stress and developmental charts and overzealous therapists! smiles

    ReplyDelete