Tuesday, July 27, 2010

urrrrrgh to sleep to dream

Owen is not sleeping well
two weeks ago he was waking every 1.5 hours at night then it stopped YAHOOO just when I was threatening to do some "sleep training" (read night weaning).
But the new pattern he has adopted in no fun either, sleeping till 2am then he has a feed back to sleep then awake at 4 am sometimes for the day sometimes I can get him back to sleep for another hour so our day starts at 5am - it is beyond a joke.
But to top it off his big brother Cy is waking at 2am and STAYES awake until 4am (around the time Owen is waking for the day).Cy talks and giggles and plays with his teddy's for the whole 2 hours, he doesn't call out for us or cry, just wild laughter and voices (which would be cute at any time after 7am) His bedroom is right across the hall from ours and it is so hard to sleep through the antics well I speak for myself because this is when Owen is sleeping soundly.
The last few days I am starting to feel really depressed even now I sit and type in my PJ's (Its 1pm in the afternoon).
Today I am going to give Owen just one day sleep, because maybe he is getting too much sleep in the afternoons? So my plan is to have him have just 1 sleep each day for a few days to see if it improves things or makes it worse (heaven forbid).uuuuugrrrh I am just so exhausted.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry Viv, it sounds exhausting! I hope that you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owen is a doll!! I just want to squeeze him! Thanks for your post on my blog!!! And as far as sleeping? ha its overrated! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I feel your pain. For about 6 months or more I would stay up till 3am and then my hubby would take my shift at 3. We were beat. For us it was reflux. Can you get someone to give you some relief in the day? So you can get some sleep to recharge? Hope it get's better for you. Look into respite help or volunteers or even a babysitter even so you could sleep for an hour or two in the day as a temporary solution. Hugs

    ReplyDelete