Thursday, July 15, 2010

Honey Bear


Our speech therapist did a drinking assesment on Owen about a month ago and was happy with the tiny amounts he was taking from an open cup. I wasn't happy the amount he would take was just so tiny. So it was time to hit the blogs, I saw so many children having success with the Honey Bear, it was time to order one.

I had to order it through a distributor in Brisbane and after only 4 days of squeezing the bear - squirting water into his mouth and me making exaggerated slurrpy noises with pursed lips HE GOT IT.

He can now drink good amounts from the bear instead of having to rely on breastfeeding alone (I feel more hydrated already !).

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, for some reason I am not getting your updates? Owen is doing great, creeping and drinking from a straw, wow! I'll email you about night weaning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are having good luck with the honey bear. We use it a little too and also the nosey cup.

    ReplyDelete