Monday, March 21, 2011

the Ambassador

Today is World Down Syndrome Day.

It is also Owens birthday.

After we were told Owen had a strong likelyhood of having Down Syndrome I tried to look up DS using my browser on our mobile phone. I typed the words Down Syndrome into the browser window and hit enter and the first hit to come up said "Today is World Down Syndrome Day". I remember smiling, a dry, sad kinda smile and I knew immediately we didn't need the blood test to confirm it I knew that "an ambassador had been born".

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing! Brought tears to my eyes. Luc was born on the 25th and I found out about WDSD shortly after he was born too. For some reason it helped me process the news.

    Happy Birthday Owen! So glad to have gotten to see you grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the sweetest video, I was in tears watching it...Happy Birthday little Owen, and Happy World Down syndrome day Viv!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to your blog from your post over at Kelle Hampton's site.

    I just wanted to tell you that Owen is seriously the most beautiful child I've ever seen. I loved the video.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete