Monday, February 21, 2011

his middle name is Magnus

After having Owen I was sitting in the hospital a day or so later flicking through baby name books looking for the perfect name for him, I was listening to the radio and the U2 song Magnificent came on (I'm a complete 90's tragic for U2) some of the words in this song are...

I was born to be with you
In this space and time
after and ever after I haven't had a clue ......

This foolishness can leave a heart black and blue
Only love, only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love can heal such a scar

Justified till we die, you and I will magnify
The Magnificent, MAGNIFICENT


At the time this song really touched me (heck it still does) and I started flicking through the book to find a name that meant magnificent, that's how he got his middle name Magnus.

His first name means Young Warrior and indeed he is a Magnificent Young Warrior

2 comments: