Monday, January 10, 2011

required equipment: ear muffs

If your only 3 years old and and don't want to share your toys, or your lunch or the bathroom with your pesky little brother, what do you do ?

You squeal, scream and/or cry like you are being mauled by a bear (well that's what Cy has been doing this week),

and what does Owen do ?

well like any annoying little brother he copy's, raising the decibel level to extraordinary, making me wince and making Cy cry and scream even louder.

I try quietly and in a very orderly and adult way to umpire this situation to sort out what is wrong, to remind Cy that Owen is copying him, to use our normal voices, to come to mummy if there is a problem rather than screaming BUT I have to admit these boys are wearing me down and I fear I may join the fray ! I have started rolling my eyes at them when they start their screaming matches and that is a sure sign that I am beginning to crack.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope I don't have to go through that in the future as girl screams are so annoying! Boys are bad, but girls seem to be able to make it extra annoying. :-)

    As for the tubes, the biggest difference we notice is that she doesn't constantly have ear infections. Without the tubes she has them continually from Nov - March at least. I don't know about her hearing any better, but we at least know that there isn't fluid there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I feel for you! Russell has just perfected a VERY loud FAKE cry and thats annoying enough, never mind a screaming match! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the fake cry!! not really...but it is cute sometimes!!

    I could not find your email! Patterns -- examples when Maddie goes to bed it is the same routine dinner, play, bath, book, bed...always in that order...when she plays a game it is the same sequence so she knows what to expect...when we sing a song it has the same words, sequence and hand gestures...deviation from routine is very hard on Maddie...she is not a fan of not sleeping in her own home and bed...when we are working on signing we sing Old Mcdonald and it is with pictures and toys and in the same sequence cows, pigs, dogs, cats...we do not change the order...when we are working on body parts same thing hair, eyes, nose, mouth, hands, feet...this helps Maddie and she sees more success...I hope this makes sense and I am not all over the place...I am still learning!! smiles

    ReplyDelete